When choosing a hearing aid, and in turn a hearing care provider, it’s important to understand how a hearing aid works and what you can expect from it.
Hearing aid technology is extremely complex; requiring precision fine-tuning by a hearing care professional. For example the quality of sound modern hearing aids produce is fantastically natural, but you must also consider that there are some sounds which may not have been audible before amplification- for example, high pitched sounds, so these may take getting used to! Your Audiologist can adjust your hearing aids in line with your feedback in the weeks or months it takes for your brain to adapt to your new world of sound – until you are completely happy.
This is where Pure Hearing is different from many of our competitors. We commit to investing time in our clients and providing outstanding ongoing support. Pure Hearing are omnipresent in your hearing aid journey. Success with a hearing aid, is so much more than just the hearing aid.
Hearing aids are filled with all sorts of exciting technology, including:
- Streaming phone calls direct from your mobile phone into your hearing aid
- Reliable rechargeable technology so there’s no fiddly, costly batteries
- Streaming the television directly to your hearing aids
- Robust, titanium hearing aids
- Automatic changing of programmes suited to your environment
- Direct streaming of sound from your favourite apps, including Google Maps, Apple Music, Audible, Alexa devices and much more
It is also important to understand that hearing aids may only form part of the solution. For some people with more profound hearing losses or perhaps those at work or in noisy, busy environments Assistive Listening Devices can also be used. We believe the most superior technology of this nature is Phonak Roger. There are all sorts of devices to help you hear the television, use the phone, hear in group settings and much more.
Click here to find out more about Roger.